Sunday, November 21, 2010
Just thinking ahead....yikes!
What You'll Need:
1) Wire wreath from Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Joann's (depending on the size you want, there are three sizes ranging from $1.99-$3.99 to choose from).
2) About 1.5-2 yards of fabric in coordinating colors or all the same pattern (try using the quarter bundle holiday prints from Joann's).
3) Two spools of coordinating ribbon.
4) 2" satin ribbon for the bow or any other letter to tie on wreath for completion.
1) Cut your fabric into 1″ wide by 6-8″ long pieces (try a few pieces and tie on your wreath to see the length, depending on how long/shaggy you want it).
2) Cut your ribbon into to the same lengths (6-8″ long)
3) Start tying your fabric pieces and ribbon (double knots) in a pattern around your wreath. It's recommend to start with your smallest inner ring and working your way out.
4) Tie all of your fabric and ribbon pieces so they are full and fluffy throughout your entire ring. You will want to push all of the knots as close together as possible so you do not see any of the wire wreath.
5) Finish with a bow, wood letters, satin bow and adorned with a novelty item.
Tip: Try using pinking shears for a nice clean cut and cute pattern on your wreath!